Friday, April 20, 2012

Slowly Becoming more Sociable

I don't really consider myself a person who joins groups, but I am slowly becoming more sociable on my social networking site. Tonight I actually joined some groups.  They are:

Instructional Technologists
Technology in Adult Education
eLearning for Music

In one of these groups, I found a member who posted on the topic of copyright.  By reading her story, I learned a little about gaining permission to use a work.  It was encouraging to read about someone who was successful in gaining permission. 

Since new web 2.0 tools are constantly emerging, it is hard to keep up on all the latest tools.  This site helps me to keep up and learn about different ways to use the tools that are familiar to me. For example, I am using NoteFlight for my website. One of the members of one of the groups found a different use for this tool.   This particular use won't help me with my website, but I can use it later.

I really have a hard time seeing how this site can be used.  There is very little on here that I can use personally and to me its' just another site to sign up to use, another password I have to remember, and more junk mail in my inbox.  I'm going to keep exploring to see what else I find.

No comments:

Post a Comment