Sunday, April 22, 2012

The End of the Social Media Experiment


I still am still confused by Classroom 2.0 and find it hard to make a connection on this social learning site.  The site is so large that it seems overwhelming.  I know there has to be good information on here somewhere.

At first I was concerned that, since anyone can post, credibility of the information might be an issue.  I soon discovered that might be true with factual knowledge, but the people on this site provide a wealth of experience.  These people on the site have actually the technology and can share with us the positive and negative aspects of a particular technology.

I was determined to make the social networking experience a positive one so I asked myself, “What information can I really use right now?”  In the process of completing my webpage, I am having some accessibility issues so I did a search on accessibility.  I found the suggestions that some members posted to be quite useful.   I found this California State University at North Ridge site particularly useful. 

I don’t think I will be using social networking sites very much in the future.  It just seems like every time I register for a site I get a lot of junk mail.  I will keep such sites in mind when I have a particular problem such as the one I had with accessibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment