Sunday, January 29, 2012

Font and Color

This week we wrote html code which I have never done before.  I learned many new things in the process of writing my code.  One is that not all fonts will work in websites.  Why?  Because there are some fonts that do not display in all computers.  That is why web designers are limited to certain fonts. 

The links below give a list of fonts that are acceptable for web design and explain the topic a little further:



Color is another issue on the web.  Colors on the web have not only a name, but a number code attached to the color.  I found it easier to type the name of the color I wanted rather than type the code.  The link below is a list of colors and their name and number code.


I love color, but I realize some people are color challenged.  Don’t fret, there are tools out there to help. Here is the link to an interactive color wheel to help select a color scheme. Once you have selected the color, you can move the mouse over the color to get the number code for that color.  I could spend hours with the color wheel!

1 comment:

  1. Karen,

    I love the resources available online for novices to do everything. I was a little nervous about what I did for my page because my part-time work requires me to adhere to ADA guidelines. I had to remind myself that I was following the assignment directions! The limited fonts bugged me because I am a letter lover and hate not being able to express myself through fonts. I found out about that restriction when e-mailing a PDF a while back.

    ReplyDelete